Saturday, August 21, 2010

La Toilette

Chris and I spent a wonderful morning poking around Brookside this morning. We don't enjoy the shops and cafes nearly enough - perhaps because a majority of our weekend mornings are spent working madly on projects around the house. It was a treat to take the day slowly and browse the farmer's market, sit outside with an iced coffee and walk through the eclectic boutiques. We ended our outing at one of my favorite places in the world - J'Adore - a French-inspired boutique with treasures for the home and garden. I always have to practice restraint in that store, but today I treated myself to something to hold onto for our half bath.



This little iron plaque is a perfect indulgence for the Francophile in me, and will be a fun detail on the door to our half bath. As I was adding it to our stash, I saw a box I hadn't opened since last Christmas, when my parents gave it to Chris and me.



So I got it out of the basement, dusted it off unpacked this:



We requested this sweet Tiffany-style pendant for over our kitchen sink, as well as this matching semi-flush light which we put in our upstairs hallway.



It replaced one of these dingy single-light fixtures. We love the warm new color, the brighter glow and the dramatic shadows it makes on the ceiling.



The old one pictured here is at the bottom of our stairs, between the living room and kitchen. We plan to upgrade it soon too, and it will most definitely not be missed.

Well, now it's time to pack our little pendant back up, as well as my new "toilette" sign and the rest of the goodies we're collecting. It's wonderful to take them out every now and then and look at the pieces, imagining how it all will come together.

We're still in waiting mode, but in the meantime another link came off our chain just yesterday . . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

twitter test