Sunday, July 17, 2011

Feeling Blue?



Somehow, a few weeks ago I talked Chris into the idea that we should ditch our summer vacation plans and paint the house instead. Am I a cunning wife or what!

So, my saintly husband has spent the past few weeks scraping and sanding 90-year-old cedar shingles (notice the gas mask - we take lead paint seriously!), and just this weekend I began following behind his work with a paintbrush. I started on the bare shingles on the back of the house, where my dad replaced the old ones when he replaced our back door when we first moved in.

When we've finished the job, all the shingles will be the dark blue you see here - Sherwin Williams Mount Etna - and we'll come back and repaint all the trim  cream. We have lots of great accent colors planned, and you can see them all here.



For now, it's baby steps to a beautiful house. But we're excited for what we have to look forward to. Hello curb appeal! Maybe by Christmas 2012????? 


And just in case any of you took the title of this blog seriously and really are feeling blue, here's some Nino snuggling to warm your heart. He's fitting into the family very well (and trying very hard to help me with my typing).

No comments:

Post a Comment

twitter test