Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Swinging Pretty




Our porch is basically an extra room on our house. When it's not 107 degrees (like it currently is) it's one of the primary spaces where we dine, relax, play, read, entertain - pretty much whatever! We love it.

I bought our porch swing on craigslist three years ago for $25 when we were moving into our first house - a little bungalow we rented for a year. It's a nice, sturdy, Amish-made swing, and Chris refinished the boards recently. When we're on the porch we're frequently relaxing on it.

But our relaxing swing was missing something - a little softness. I'd been eying outdoor pillows for a while, and the other day noticed this great orange one for sale for $13 dollars on West Elm, which go great with the new color scheme we're working on - see it here and here). With shipping it came to $32 for the two - which I find funny because that's $7 more than I paid for the swing - but I think they were quite a bargain nonetheless!

So, our cool pillows are sitting on the swing, and once the weather drops back down to double digits we will be too. I love 10-second projects like this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

twitter test