Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Vintage Doorknob Coat Hanger

With a pile of leftover oak from our remodel in my shop, I've been antsy thinking of the possibilities. Picture frames, a coaster box, and coat hangers have been on my to-make list. I also have a pile of old doorknobs from the kitchen that were saved. Some are brass, other are the glass version.

I saw a cool project once on This Old House, where they made a coat hanger out of trim and old doorknobs, and decided to make one this weekend.

Lastly, my dad got me a sweet finish nailer for Christmas, so this was an excuse to break it out and see if I could figure out how to work it.

Leftover trim moulding from the office

Glueing up the frame

The doorknobs bolts required square holes

A test run

Side view of hanger

No comments:

Post a Comment

twitter test