Thursday, September 30, 2010

Carpe Autumn

The turn of summer to fall was a welcome change in KC this year. August was unusually dry and hot. September 1st seemed to reboot the weather, however, and now we are getting spoiled on quintessential Kansas City fall weather.

I've lived here long enough to know that winter can come at a moment's notice. Once it's cold and snowy, all my exterior jobs pretty much go on hold until next spring, so you can imagine that I am trying to make sure I finish my to-do wish list before its too late.

Last weekend, we serviced our burnt and bumpy clay dirt lawn. The ground is really hard, we figured aerating would be a good start. The machine was a beast. It didn't take long to gouge up the turf. Becca fertilized and mowed after that. I raked out old stuff in the ground, and then threw lots of fescue seed everywhere. We are watering compulsively. Cross your fingers this works.

Whats left to accomplish:

Touch-up Paint on house
Landscaping


No comments:

Post a Comment

twitter test