Friday, November 18, 2011

Super Silver Sage


All day I've had my fingers crossed that I'd come home to a painted bathroom and it worked! This is my favorite color yet. I'm normally not a gray person (I tend to gravitate toward warm colors, in case you haven't noticed) but this gray has converted me! I love the softness of it, particularly next to the white trim, white tile and brown window. Mwah!


Don't mind the ugly wood on the sides of this shot - that's trim that will be installed around that door we're waiting on. The wall color is Restoration Hardware Silver Sage, and I've decided that if our current kitchen color doesn't adequately grow on us, this may be in the kitchen walls' future as well.


I can't wait to get our medicine cabinets and vanity lights up to complete the look. And a plantation shutter over the window for a little privacy, of course. We're down to the details, and it's very exciting.

And that's not all! Our office walls was repainted yellow (Sherwin Williams Brittlebush), finishing off the office-to-half-bath look. Here's the view with the door open, which it will probably most often be when the bathroom is not in use.


And when it's occupied you'll see this view. The yellow is more true in this photo - it's a bit washed out in the previous one. I just adore this cute pocket door, all newly stained and with nice new hardware to dress it up. Hard to believe it's almost 90 years old. 


And here's the view into the office from the dining room. I was always a bit concerned that this new wall could crowd the room, but I really like it and think we still have plenty of space to enjoy. Getting my chevron rug back in there will be a really nice finishing touch, now that painting is complete. 


So, in terms of my painting to-do list, he made some serious progress today. Here's where we stand:

- paint/stain all trim and doors
- paint ceilings off white
- paint kitchen walls
- paint half bathroom walls
- paint full bathroom walls
- repaint 3rd bedroom wall (where they tore out plaster to install the full bathroom pocket door)
- repaint office wall (new wall that made the office smaller and allowed for the half bathroom)
- repaint upstairs hallway outside full bathroom (again, pocket door surrounds)
- install full bathroom pocket door and stain (the wrong door came originally, so we're waiting on the correct one to arrive)


 It seems everything left to do depends on that silly door finally arriving, so I'll cross my fingers that our favorite demolition crew guys show up with it ready to install on Monday. It worked last time!



No comments:

Post a Comment

twitter test