Monday, November 7, 2011

Coming Together


I've been a bit behind on my updates, but the good news is that means there's a lot of progress to share. Late last week, tile was completed and the process of installing plumbing fixtures began. This is a big deal, as we've had running water only in the basement for the past two months. The upstairs bathroom was functional over the weekend, so no more dark middle of the night trips to the basement when nature calls!


I couldn't resist adding the decorative accents that I've been stashing in the basement for the past several months. We're still lacking the medicine cabinets, towel hooks, and oh, all the lights but we were nevertheless giddy all weekend to be able to use these adorable facilities over the weekend.

The wall faucets we chose look right at home in the subway tile backsplash. I'm going to switch out the ceramic "hot" and "cold" for the slightly fancier French options ("chaud" and "froid") that came with them.


The shower was not yet operational this weekend, but the tub was and be both enjoyed it thoroughly. It gave a great vantage point of the cute vanity (much like what you see above). They caulked in all the corners this morning, so we should be up and running this week, after I put sealer on the grout.


The little shadowboxes, designed to hold our showering toiletries, turned out a very cute accent in the tile wall. They used a marble threshold to build the bottom shelves of each one, making them seamless (and therefore waterproof) and also very pretty. 


And don't forget the stool! So happy to have this up and running. Although as you can tell from the picture, we're much in need of a good window covering!


On to the kitchen! Our fabulous farmhouse sink requires some special fittings that the plumber didn't have with him Friday, so we spent the weekend with a still-dry kitchen. We've been assured that he will have them today so that the faucet, disposal, drain and dishwasher can be all hooked up. 


I decided not to let the little hiccup slow down my part of the job, so I spent much of the weekend unpacking boxes and loading up the cabinets. I love how the glass uppers look all stocked with our dinnerware. 


I even got to work stocking the pantry. A little better organization is needed, but I love how much space there is for all of our dry goods now. 


And the faucet is in, but without a working drain it's still unusable. Hopefully we'll have progress on that soon. In the meantime, do you see how cute the side spray is? I'd been so focused on the main fixture, but this little guy is pretty charming, I must say.  


We're more than ready for this guy to get pushed back into his spot and all hooked up. 


And hopefully by my next post, this space will be filled as well with our range and microwave. 



4 comments:

  1. It looks amazing!!! I'm torn between coming over to inspect it now and waiting for the finished product. So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think we need the soap to better match the bathroom. White soap?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your knobs and pulls! Can I ask where they're from? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry for the late response! They're from Restoration Hardware - bistro knob and duluth pull.

      Delete

twitter test