Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Unexpected Encouragement

Today while I was doing some further research on marble counters (this is what I do) I came across this picture and nearly fell out of my chair! These are our colors! Well, very close at least!

Photo courtesy of gardenweb.com

I can't tell you how many times in planning the kitchen I've thought - I just wish I could see how it will all look together. Well, this is about as close as it could ever get!

This kitchen has so many things we plan to put in ours: dark wood cabinets, white marble countertops, light backsplash (although ours will be porcelain subway tiles - this looks like some sort of stone mosaic tile) stainless appliances and wood floors (but ours will be more honey-toned). It even has an orangey-red wall!

All it's lacking is some schoolhouse lights, a farmhouse sink and a butcher block top to the island, but it's amazing to see all the colors we're working on in one photo. And the best part - we really like it!

I take this as a sure sign that the kitchen gods are smiling on our plans.

1 comment:

twitter test