Thursday, October 6, 2011

Done and Done!


Our hardwood floors are finished! Can you believe it? 1.5 days of work, and bam - this is our kitchen floor. (Wrigley and Nino just can't stay away).


And don't forget our half bathroom floor (ignore the mud - why should I mop when they're going to sand anyway?): 


It's amazing to me how they've made smooth transitions everywhere from old to new floor, like here in the dining room doorway:

                          

So, we're moving on to the next big thing. And next up to bat is . . . .

 
bathroom wall tile! I can't tell you how happy I was to come home to find some concrete board hanging out on the porch, and lucky 13 boxes of white ceramic subway tile like the one above sitting outside the bathroom door. 

Seeing pieces of the finished product, like the floor and soon the tiles, is oh-so-satisfying! It reminds me of why we're living in a dusty pigsty with no furniture for several weeks, and why we've been saving and living in leaky, creaky ugly rooms for so long. Each of these things is a piece of the final vision, and we couldn't be happier to see them fall into place. 

Speaking of pieces of the final vision, my prints for the half bath arrived today, and I think they're even cuter in person than I expected! Now they just have to stand up to Chris' print quality test - but I have a feeling they'll fare well. 

1 comment:

twitter test