Sunday, February 13, 2011

Quick Refinish


Our new and improved entryway table.

A few years ago my grandmother passed along her 1970's Viking sewing machine to me. With it came this sewing desk:



When it's folded up it looks like this.



We keep it in our living room right across from the front door, so it's the first thing you see when you walk in.



I love having the sewing machine so accessible in the living room, and the size of the desk is nice for an entryway table, but we've never loved the look of it. So I attacked it yesterday.

This project was completed overnight, and cost a whopping $12 for these pulls:



to replace these tired ones:



I used gel stain leftover from our handrail project.





And this is what we ended up with:



I'm really please with the results. My favorite part is that the details really pop with the nice dark, uniform finish.



No comments:

Post a Comment

twitter test