Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Austin Design Scene


I'm sharing a collection of snapshots from my trip in Austin. I'm down here for a conference, but got a chance to visit some really cool parts of the city.

While I have visited Austin several times, this was the first time I got to spend some time exploring the unique shops on Congress St.

A few observations about downtown Austin.

It seems to be a mashup of creativity and commerce. Stylish boutiques with quirky wares pop up at almost every corner. Local restaurants and food trailers set themselves apart with great names and good signs — something you don't see everywhere. Even the antique stores show you how great merchandising can make a group of products desirable.

Antiques grouped by color look prettier

Fearless use of funky colors

Repetition and variation

Black and white + brown accent color build this arrangement

Boots will always be in style

Sign sold as fine art



Candy store

Switch plates


Famous antique store





1 comment:

  1. Fun! I love downtown Austin. Did you find the cupcake truck? :)

    ReplyDelete

twitter test