Saturday, March 19, 2011

Spring Forward!



Sorry for the blogging hiatus - C and I have both been traveling recently. I went to Michigan to visit my adorable nieces for a week, and C took a "business" trip to SXSW in Austin. We're back though, and very pleased to announce that Spring has arrived in Kansas City.

While I'm not quite ready to do much planting in the ground yet, I did go ahead and get started on our window boxes, which we built last spring. They're one of the few places I do annuals - most everything I plant in the ground is perennial to save time/money/digging in future years.

My impatiens last year found our boxes a bit too sunny - while they're under the porch roof, our house faces west and gets a few hours of really bright sunlight. So this year I switched to pansies:



and asparagus fern.



In another week or two I'll add some sweet potato vines and call them done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

twitter test