Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Does Kansas City need an iconic T-Shirt



When you visit Austin, you see the phrase "Keep Austin Weird" plastered on shirts, store front windows and posters all over town. It's almost like saying "we know we are cool and we don't plan on changing any time soon."

I don't know if the people of Austin still like this shirt, but I've them everywhere for years, kinda like "I heart NY."

What exactly does "weird" mean? You would probably get different answers if you asked a group of Austiners. Regardless the exact interpretation, it remains a iconic statement of city pride.

My question is, does Kansas City need a shirt like this?

Assuming the answer is yes, what message could get Kansas Citians excited and united?

Maybe we don't need a shirt, but these are the things I think about. Surely we can do better than this.




No comments:

Post a Comment

twitter test