Sunday, March 6, 2011

Art Tile Frame Inlay - Reclaimed wood

Archival Designs tile with oak frame for wall display.

Our neighbors are professional ceramicists. They make art out of clay on a daily basis. Really cool stuff - like wicked ornate backsplash relief tile landscapes. I admire their work and their dedication to the craft.

Fancy ceramic tile.

We recently purchase a humble little tile from their shop. Reminds me of Rome, which always makes me happy.

Theie tiles are dimensional and beautiful on their own, however, I have been on a framing kick of late, so I decided to make a frame for this beauty.

You can see how it all fits together below. Utilizing the table saw and reclaimed stair tread oak, this cost me nothing to make.

Only one step remains, where to hang it?

I made a 1/4" gap in the frame front to hold the tile inset and remain flush with the frame.


No comments:

Post a Comment

twitter test