Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Finished Vanity




Chris was on a men's camping trip this weekend, and while he was gone I finally got around to finishing setting up my vanity in our bedroom. We moved this old desk into our bedroom from the guest bedroom in January, when we painted trim in our room. The desk is a great, solid old oak desk that I bought at an estate sale in college for $25, then refinished and put on new knobs.

Vanity corner after we finished painting trim in January.
   
I finally got around to hanging up my jewelry holder, which I made a few years ago out of an empty picture frame and some photo hanging wire.  I bought the old mirror at a garage sale in college and have moved it everywhere I've moved since. I love that I can see the age in the old metal lines in the glass - it weights a ton! 



 

I bought this little bowl a few weeks ago at an adorable antique store we found just a few blocks from our house. It's a great catchall for sunglasses, spare change, bobby pins . . . whatever!


Urban mining, a cool monthly flea market in Kansas City had this chair for $8 a few years ago, so I couldn't resist. The worn green finish is lots of fun.  


2 comments:

  1. Is that a Fenton bowl? The bumps make it look that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea, but I love these bumpy bowls! There's a tiny little knick-knacks shop on 63rd right by the Paseo that has tons of these.

    ReplyDelete

twitter test