Sunday, May 1, 2011

Hen and Chicks

 

Isn't hen and chicks the best plant name? I've always loved them. So, as we finished construction of our garden steps this winter, I looked forward to planting some hen and chicks to grow in the cracks.


The project had to begin with us filling this big crack between the steps and the wall with rocks.


Then, I backfilled over the rocks with gravel. Once that was finished, we were ready for the little plants. A friend of ours had an abundance of hen and chicks, and shared them with us. I nestled them into the cracks and corners of our steps.




We can see some of the larger "hens" from the house, and it's so fun to see the cute little plants breaking up all the rocks. I hope they settle in well and make lots of "chicks" to keep filling in along the wall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

twitter test