Sunday, May 1, 2011

Peg Board Makes the Shop


New pegboard wall section in basement finally gives my tools a home

Our basement has been through many phases since we took ownership two years ago.

Year one, it was a catch all for anything that did not fit upstairs. Basically, junk covered the entire floor, piles upon piles of boxes, bags, and other stuff that you wonder why you have.

Year two, we put up shelving - and consolidated stuff into plastic containers. A big win. Also, I claimed part of the basement as the "wood shop" by taking all my random tools from the garage and putting them in the front section of our basement with a new workbench.

My friend Orion gave me a section of extra peg board from his garage. I mounted it into the wall today and installed the pegs — and I can now say that no workbench is complete without a peg board wall section to compliment the space. All the junk that was covering up space on my table is now on the wall, organized and entirely visible all at once. It's like walking into your own Ace Hardware, which is pretty cool.

Where the wood works

I think the peg board wall is a right of passage for any guy. Something like taking him from dude to man status.

Special thanks to Orion for helping me get my stuff in order. See that clean workbench? Guess it's time to make a new mess.

Rare view of a clean workbench

3 comments:

  1. This is what I wish I had for tuning skis and bikes and such. My garage is in bad need of a cleaning, but the thing is that when I really want to be out there working (ski season for ski tuning mostly), it's usually about 15 degrees. Your setup is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE. Within the next four weeks i'm hoping to follow suit and put up my own peg board... for the 3 or 4 tools i have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I can say that it is making a difference. Also takes away alot of frustration in searching for tools.

    ReplyDelete

twitter test